ADLG - Game Report 150

New Kingdom Egyptian (14) vs Spring and Autumn (37)

By way of a departure form the norm, or recent, I decided to take part in a day’s Southern League competition in Reading. The theme was based on chariot armies, but each army was limited to no more than 6 chariots. Given that is what I normally deployed for the New Kingdom Egyptians (NKE) I was well placed to take part.

First opponent of the day was Steve and his Chinese army. He didn’t think the organisers meant to include his army as a valid army, but they allowed it any way. It was Chariots were all heavy and impetuous and elite, not a pleasant mix against my armoured light chariots.

Which is why I started to manoeuvre to avoid them! On the left my impetuous Sherden warriors moved forward with Chariots in support. On the right I tried deftly to manoeuvre to avoid my heavy infantry entering the fields.

A mixed bag in contact as the Sherden, lose one of the contacts. While we wait with our dice trembling for the charge of the Heavy Chariots. As you can see the dice are as usual behaving themselves for me.

Contact! The left flank attack has broken down. I have drawn of one of the heavy chariots, but the rest have already destroyed one of the NKE units and are well placed to make mincemeat of the remainder. On the right the fight is a little less conclusive.

Little remains of the centre, and on the left the attempt to penetrate the gap between the heavy chariots has failed due to the timely arrival of Chinese reserves. Honours are relatively even on the right.

The enemy chariots have no more major opponents left, and they only lost one to the flank attack of a light chariot. On the right despite some success, it is all much too late to roll up the enemy line of battle. And once again my combat dice are rewarding me in style.

Outcome

A win for the Chinese by 16 to 27.

Lessons Learnt

  • It would have been better to not even try and confront those Heavy Chariots!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Imperial Russian Army of 1812

    The Imperial Russian Army of 1812 I decided some time ago that I needed to branch out from my current Bataille 15mm armies into the later Na...