1809 Austrians vs French return to the Danube Valley
Initial Forces - 200pts
Game Turn 1
Game Turn 2
Game Turn 3
Game Turn 4
Game Turn 5
Game Turn 6
Game Turn 7
Game Turn 8
Game Turn 9
- Zoom worked reasonably well, although I am going to have to try a different camera position to try and get more of the table in focus; the depth of the field of view of these webcams is not good!
- As with playing ADLG recently it does help when you are unfamiliar with the rules to re-read them before the game. That having been said I don't thin we made too many unforgiveable mistakes that would have materially changed the game..
- The terrain was certainly more interesting for this game, but I continue to advocate for a different mix for different regions of Western Europe. I might have a go myself.
- For the Austrian's I am still not sure whether it is best to play them with linear or deep order doctrines. They can use either in 1809. I think I will try simply throwing columns at the French in the future with artillery support. It might at least give me a fighting chance!
- On a big plus side this game certainly lasted longer than other BE games I have yet played.