ADLG - Game Report 8

Burgundians (231) vs Knights of St John (190)

Back to gaming at Entoyment after lockdown saw me feild a Burgundian Army. A nice opportunity to get some heavy metal to the table. I was fighting Paul's emerging KoSJ force. The photo's are all courtesy of Paul as I forgot my phone, well it is better than forgetting the rules which I did last time out!

At the end of game turn 1 I was struggling to make space for all my knights. The central group of 4 have yet to wheel and then do a quarter turn to the left to face the enemy.

My longbows and crossbows were having some good effect in disrupting his infantry in the centre. My right flank crossbows in the plantation fought gallantly until it was overwhelmed. In the centre the lights have made contact with the heavy spearmen.

Result

From here there was a major engagement with the knights from both sides. The battle became a huge clash of armour. It was all getting very close to the Burgundian's overwhelming the KoSJ when some good rallying by the KoSJ and poor command and control and lack of rallying by the Burgundians handed the result to the KoSJ by 22 cohesion points out of 23 to the Burgundians 19 out of 19!

Lessons Learnt

  • When you have had a break from playing for a while, remember to re-read the rules!
  • Whatever happens before the game, if you have impetuous troops make sure you read all the rules on what they can and cannot do before the game.
  • Once again think carefully about the deployment and which end to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...