Serbo-Croats (162) vs Abbasid Arab (134)
For the next Thursday outing at Entoyment I decided on something completely different. In looking at armies valid for Kegworth I spotted the Serbo-Croats and specifically the Croat option. The army I put together had an interesting mix of elite impetuous and non-impetuous heavy cavalry, medium infantry with two-handed cutting weapons and heavy spears. I was invited to attack in the plains. Given the inherent flexibility of the Arab armies to either be horse-heavy or foot-heavy I decided to deploy classically, with cavalry and medium foot on the wings with the foot in the centre. The right wing was left in column to allow it to manoeuvre depending on how the Arab's deployed.
Confronted with the massed bows on the enemy left, the Croat horse on the right were refused, but their medium foot was moved forward to the centre to engage the enemy spearmen. On the left we did advance.
The centre moved to provide space for the medium foot to move into, by moving to the right to face off against the bowmen. On the left the cavalry has engaged with honours going, at least initially, to the Croats.
The Croat cavalry have engaged and defeated the majority of the Arab horse. While the spears and medium foot have moved forward to engage the Arab foot.
The Arab left has moved forward to try to bring its bows into range of the Croat cavalry. While the centre and left of the Croat line are trying to complete their victory.
The Arab horse has been defeated, but its foot seems willing to try and continue the fight. This has meant that the Croat cavalry on the right was forced to engage the Arab bowmen.
Outcome
A Serbo-Croat victory suffering 20 of 24 cohesion hits.
No comments:
Post a Comment