ADLG - Game Report 325

Arab Indians (135) vs Tamil Indian (120)

And for the next game I played Paul's elephant heavy army. Apparently, he meant it to be Burmese but he made a mistake in his army design and date validity for the competition. He therefore rapidly morphed it into the Tamil Indians. I was invited to defend in the plains. I deployed the mirror image of the previous game (horse left, elephant centre, foot right.)

Once again, I didn't want the cavalry to be overly disadvantaged by facing the elephants. I therefore moved them to the right once again to exploit any opportunities that presented themselves or which I could engineer.

On the face of it we have the advantage of numbers in the centre and right. How ever it was uncertain how long this would last given I had left the light cavalry to hold the left flank.

In the first clash of arms the Hindu swordsmen bested their Tamil opponents in the centre, but at the same time on of the Tamil elephants reciprocated on the other Hundi Swordsmen. Some of the impact heavy cavalry have been sent into attack the hinge in the enemy line.

Our Elephant fell in battle, and in doing so has exposed the flanks of the swordsmen and the cavalry!

However, the brave light infantry has been sent into fight the Tamil elephants and have severely wounded one of them. The Hindi swords have turned to fight the flank of the Tamil swords. While on the other flank the cavalry has destroyed their swordsmen opponents and has pursued into the gap.

The light infantry with javelins has destroyed an elephant while the remaining elephant in the centre is being overwhelmed by the cavalry in flank and rear. Further to this elephant's left the other elephant is also being attacked in the flank and front, and the attached general died in the combat. The Light Cavalry sacrificed themselves to buy us time to win in the centre and right.

Outcome

A Tamil victory suffering 21 of 25 hits. I think by fighting with the Light Cavalry rather than evading I gave up on the opportunity to secure a mutual destruction.

Lessons Learnt

  • To evade off the table or to fight that is the question.
  • In this game redeploying the cavalry worked well, albeit that towards the end the lack of command dice prevented them adequately exploiting the gap they created.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 334

    Arab Indians (135) vs Abbasid Arab (134) For the final battle of the competition I was up against Kevin's Abbasid's. I won the init...