Age of Eagles - Game Report 1

Age of Eagles Solo Game - April 1809 Danube Valley somewhere near Regensberg

Introduction

This was my first foray into Age of Eagles (AoE) playing solo. I used my 6mm figures on my 48 inch square table. 

My figure basing isn't as per the rules. My figures are on 25mm frontages rather than the 20mm called for by the rules. Also they are a little less deep. I also wanted to maximize the use of my table and make it as large a maneuver are as I could under the rules. So with a bit of cunning computation I decided that:
  1. Each of my 25mm bases would represent 2 AoE stands. Therefore making 12.5mm of my base equivalent to 3/4inch (20mm) of AoE
  2. Based on that my equivalent of the 1 inch to 120 yds ground scale in AoE would be 17mm to 120yds.
  3. I had pace sticks already marked for 20mm intervals, so I simply decided that I would use a ground scale of 20mm to 120yds.
All of this is approximate enough. Importantly it now means that my 48 inch (1200mm) table is in effect the equivalent to 4.09 miles or 6.5km! Or put another way the size of the battlefield of Waterloo!!!

Report

Candidly it is some time since I fought this battle, and my memory is a little vague. I do recall, however, that at one stage the French were in trouble but managed to rally and cause significant damage on the Austrians!










No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...