ADLG - Game Report 84

Thessalian Greeks (60) vs Assyrian and Sargonid Empire (9)

The final game beckoned, against Peter’s Assyrians. Having fought Assyrian armies before with my Egyptian’s I was relatively confident. How wrong can one be! Again we went with the cavalry heavy command on the left wing.

We advanced in the attack, while the Assyrian’s decided to use the plantation as a secure right flank for their line. I was still pretty confident at this stage.

The Assyrian bows are starting to attrit my units. We sprung the ambush in the plantation, I was confident that my Peltasts could deal with that.

As the lines get closer the attrition builds on two of my hoplites. Meanwhile the Peltasts in the plantation are making heavy weather of the battle against the enemy light troops.

The Peltasts failed in their mission! In the centre, as we say, that round of combats could have gone a lot better. Again, in spite of the benefits of armour all along the line the Assyrian’s out muscled and out fought the hoplites.

Outcome

A crushing defeat in which I only managed to inflict 12 cohesion points on the enemy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...