ADLG - Game Report 90

German-Tencteri (91) vs Romano-British (101)

Time for another get together for the local ADLG community at Entoyment. I took along the Germans and also my Andalusian Arabs for the day’s gaming. First up it was another game against Harry and this time against his Romano-British, along with the Lady-in-the-Lake in the camp. As a side point Harry had only finished painting the army the previous day.

It isn’t wise to repeat the same plan over and over again, irrespective of whether it is a different enemy. As one can see I have adopted a similar plan to that which I used when I fought Kevin’s Indians! Additionally, all the terrain was of my choosing.

I was certainly overambitious on expecting my Allied command to hold off the great swathe of Arthurian warriors! Besides they forced through their command dice to move out of the wood to engage the Britons. In the centre I had a nice blocking force, while on the right I decided to withdraw the German cavalry into reserve, and allow the warband to hold the gap in the line between the gully and the wood.

On the right the German cavalry have formed in the rear as a reserve. The Left and Centre are looking decidedly challenged.

The Allied corps has crumbled. Hardly surprising when one considers the odds against them. Meanwhile another mixed bag in the centre, but on the right the odds are certainly looking far more favourable.

The centre continues to hold and cause losses to the Britons allies. It is taking some time for the Britons to reorganise after their success against my Allied command.

The centre command has caused significant damage to the Welsh allies, and on the right the reserves are having an impact on the British cavalry.

Outcome

Another very close game with Harry. It seems our battles always go down to the wire, with once again him coming out on top!

Lessons Learnt

  • A poor deployment, contributed to the German Allies being destroyed with little to gain.
  • The Allies attached commander makes them far too inflexible.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...