ADLG - Game Report 139

Andalusian Arab (133) vs Normans (179)

After all the excitement of the tournament at Beachhead it was of to Entoyment for a Saturday’s gaming in March 2024 with the old boys who battle. I decided that this was the ideal time to get the 28mm Angry Andalusian Arabs onto the table against Kevin’s Nasty Normans. I have to say, even though I say so myself, they look pretty damn impressive.

I set up with the cavalry in the centre and left with the infantry with their spears on the right. A tad unorthodox but I didn’t like the look of the open terrain on the left.

Unfortunately, the Normans split their line with the infantry flanked by two wings of medium knights. I decided to move to concentrate my strength on my right, while leaving a flank guard to protect the far right from the Norman lights in the field.

My cavalry on the left would have to do the best they could, as an economy of effort force. But they looked handsome as they moved forward flanked on their left by Javelins and lights.

The Andalusian centre and right are now coordinating their attack on the enemy knights.

The economy of effort force on the left is starting to buy some time as we close into the attack. We have already managed to attack in flank some Norman heavy spears.

On the far left the supporting infantry have pushed back the enemy flank protection force and are closing in on the enemy camp. It is doubtful how long the cavalry they are supporting will survive. At the same time the Norman left wing cavalry has been engaged.

Despite the losses in the centre we seemed to have gained the upper hand, but it is doubtful if we can get the spears quickly enough into action to support the breakthrough. While on the left there is one remaining cavalry unit occupying ate least 3 medium knights.

Outcome

At the close we called it a draw with me inflicting 14 of 22, while the Normans caused 22 of 26.

Lessons Learnt

  • There was a reason the ancient commanders deployed their cavalry on the wings.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Imperial Russian Army of 1812

    The Imperial Russian Army of 1812 I decided some time ago that I needed to branch out from my current Bataille 15mm armies into the later Na...