ADLG - Game Report 312

Mayan (284) vs Chinantec (287)

With a couple of games under his belt Kev had decided to go back to the drawing board and redesign his army. This required even more pikes. This gave me time to print my own Mayan temple for my camp. I was invited to attack in the mountains. I deployed as before, with Goddess left, God centre, Mortal to the right; but given the limitations imposed by the width of my commands in the previous game I decided to deploy in a little more depth this time.

I must confess that there is something unsettling about a wall of pikes; I wonder if it will have the same effect at Warfare on Kev's opponents there.

Kevin was determined not to be out-flanked on his left so he stuck close to the impassable terrain. While on the right his elite troops with their own two-handed cutters advanced the line.

The Chinantec have read up on Cannae and trying to replicate it here perhaps? We are up for the challenge and on the right we have established an overlap on the end Pike unit by the impassable terrain.

The Chinantec pike have achieved something memorable on the left, they destroyed a Mayan unit on contact. Along the coastline the enemy have infiltrated some bowmen to try to flank our line.

In the round of melee the Mayans have destroyed the enemy's right of centre, as they have destroyed our far left. However on the right the Mortal commander has penetrated the right.

Outcome

A Mayan victory losing 17 of 27.

Lessons Learnt

  • One really must hold one's nerve in this period as the casualties certainly mount quickly!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 323

    Seleucid (42) vs Alexandrian Macedonian (39) For my second game it was refight against Robin's Alexandrian Macedonian army, a redesigne...