Scratch Building Organ Guns

 

Scratch Building Organ Guns

Why Bother?

I have an ADLG Flemish Medieval Army and I was about to be confronted with fighting some Ottoman Turks who have lots of cavalry and I don’t! I thought it would be best to invest in firepower to counter the enemy’s mobility. I couldn’t wait for a mail order delivery. Therefore, lacking the models for the Organ Guns, I decided to build my own and use some spare medieval figures for crew.

Now featuring ...

I was invited as a member of the CLWC to send some pictures of my ADLG armies in for V4 of the rules. And lo and behold on page 59 of V4 of the rules you can see these specimens there!

Components found in my spares boxes

Here are the components I used to assemble the models.

  • The split gun trail is an 18th century battalion gun that has been surgically split.
  • The other gun trail is from a ACW artillery piece. (I have no idea why I had these models as I game ACW in 10mm!)
  • The organ guns are created from the barrel and recuperator from a Soviet ZIS-2 and a ZIS-3 cannons and, and part of the barrels.
  • The wheels are from the 18th century battalion gun and some other gash wheels I had left over
  • The gun shield are flat tooth picks from the US. They are really excellent for a range of model making. I have used them for a number or purposes, including zig-zag picket fences for ACW, and the revetments for a trench system.
  • Add together a bit of plasticard struts for bracing the barrels and the resin glue to stick it all together and you are good to go!

Can you spot the pieces!



 














Painting and Flocking

Here are the finished articles:



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...