ADLG - Game Report 30

Feudal French (182) vs Later Crusaders(190) with Mongol Allies (270)

Kevin kindly decided to field an army to fight my Feudal French for the second iteration of my army in preparation for Warfare.

In this iteration I decided to give the mediocre infantry one more outing, but regrouped the cavalry commands. Another change was to improve the command ability by taking a brilliant CinC.

I have to say that a wall of heavy knights is imposing, I wish it had that effect on the enemy! As you can see there are clearly some of the enemy of on a flank march or something equally cunning.

As I moved in closer I decided to take the gamble and move my left wing to the right flank as the enemy started to slip further to their left.

The devilish Mongols came on as I suspected on my right behind my infantry. Fortunately my left flank knights were closing in fast to repair the situation. In the centre I was making good progress and my knights were starting to achieve some dominance. However, the losses inflicted against my infantry line were again sufficient to tip the balance in the enemies favour.

Outcome

This was a much closer outcome. If I had gambled earlier it might have been a very different story. 

Lessons Learnt

  • Once again I had too many poor quality troops. back to the drawing board for army design.
  • The Brilliant CinC proved invaluable in repositioning the left wing. 
  • If you suspect a flank march is about to arrive then make sure that your troops are not within charge reach of the edge or else they will get flattened!
  • Remember that furious charge does not apply with cavalry against cavalry - sorry Kevin, a hangover from the previous test game when Pete and I forgot to apply it against his infantry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...