ADLG - Game Report 37

Andalusian Arab (133) - Steppe Mongol (271)

After Christmas 2021 a number of us gathered at Entoyment for a day of round robin ADLG. My first opponent was Hobz and his Mongols. Hordes of light cavalry and many of them elite!

You might think I deployed a little too far forward. However this is after the first game turn in which Hobz as the defender permitted me as the attacker to close the distance.

As is normal practice the Mongols tried gamely to get around my flank. Some judiciously orientated charges started to cause the Mongols to evade and eventually evade off the table in some cases. 

Some Mongols are trying their best to overcome my Arab light cavalry on the right flank. Meanwhile the the centre and left of my army marches forward trying to force as many of the Mongols to evade as I can. My major challenge was using my command and control sufficiently to try and keep my line in contact and deciding when and when not to charge. 

The Mongols were trying to withdraw from the centre and their right to reinforce their left, but time is running out for them as the Arabs close in. Well they would if I had the command and control to do so!

Outcome

A winning draw for the Andalusian Arabs, mostly from causing the enemy to evade off the table.

Lessons Learnt

  • Trying to walk of light cavalry off the table is not as easy or quick as one would like.
  • Remembering to wheel and charge to drive the gaps open as the enemy evade is a very useful tactic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...