ADLG - Game Report 47

Low Countries (243) vs Medieval German(238)

After my Saturday evening birthday curry night bash with family and friends it was back to Beachhead for an equally stormy Sunday’s ADLG battles.

The first of my two battles on the Sunday was against Stan’s Germans. In this one I guessed correctly and placed my Knights in the centre which were fronting up his. I even experimented with deploying an ambush – my first in any game!

The army will advance! All fairly predictable. My Ambush seems to have had some success in inflicting a cohesion loss on Stan’s light cavalry.

Then battle was joined as the lines contacted each other. All very medieval with comparable battles all across the front. Although it was all very even in factors my fighting ability (aka combat dice) was somewhat lacking and as you can see the cohesion points are mounting.

Outcome

On the last turn we were running neck and neck with our losses until, my combat dice really deserted me, and my losses pushed me into a defeat.

Lessons Learnt

  • As I have seen with other games, ambushes can be effective.
  • In this game, as before, I haven’t really determined the best way of deploying the light artillery.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...