ADLG - Game Report 46

Low Countries (243) vs Vijayanagar Kingdom (276)

My third opponent on the Saturday was Simon, and for those not up to speed with the ADLG army lists his Army hails from Southern India. More elephants to fight, but at least at this stage I have placed my Pikes where they can probably do most damage to them. I have refused my left flank to avoid being encircled as I try to move my centre and right to contact his main line.

This is one of the games I most regret not taking more pictures. As you can see between the two pictures the elephants have teleported from the centre to Simon’s left flank. I was in gales of laughter as his elephants turned circus performers and gaily tripped their merry way across the board! From that point on the battle became quite broken up and with my poor command and control meant that I was picked of piecemeal.

Outcome

A loss to me and a win to Simon. I suspect his circus elephant march across to the flank was cunning plan to distract me, but which I enjoyed immensely!

Lessons Learnt

  • Perhaps one of those battles when I should have been more defensive?
  • If the enemy is going to move to a flank then perhaps (if my command and control was better) then perhaps I should have done likewise
  • If you have weak command and control then avoid breaking up your forces (a lesson I would continue to learn in later battles.)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...