ADLG - Game Report 45

Low Countries (243) vs Medieval Scots (232)

My second opponent at Beachhead was David with his Medieval Scots; his army included some pretty fierce Highlanders. Not to mention some terrain to navigate, which I put down, before I could get at those Highlanders. At least my flank was protected by the coastline. I placed my infantry corps on the left and centre and my Knights with their supports on the right.

I managed to extricate myself from the field before coming into contact, while I had to to do a bit of smart manoeuvring with the halberdiers to overcome their mal-deployment!

By the time contact was achieved, as usual, I had taken a number of cohesion hits from aimed fire. However, at this stage my line was broadly together.

The hand-to-hand combat was brutal! At one stage I was very close to losing the game, but in the end, I came away with a draw caused by mutual destruction.

Outcome

A bloody draw which I rescued from the jaws of defeat on the last turn and which surprised David as he thought he was over the line! In my view a draw was a sound outcome for me after two battles - better than previous tournament campaigns

Lessons Learnt

  • The finer points on terrain selection and placement sometimes pass me by!
  • In commands with mixed horse and foot, it is better to keep the foot together and the horse together to make best use of the command points.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...