ADLG - Game Report 44

Low Countries (243) vs Tuareg (210)

The ramp from the landing craft was down, and we stormed across Bournemouth beach in the rain and gales to establish the Beachhead with our ADLG armies for the ADLG competition; my army was my Flemish or as per the rules the “Low Countries”.

My first opponent was Ian’s Tuaregs. Given that I was up against smelly camels I decided to keep my Knights back until a more appropriate juncture. Meanwhile I made sure that my right flanks was well protected.

I then let Ian come onto me to see what he could do. I was forced to bring my Knights forward to face off against his camels

Outcome

The result stunned the audience and me – a victory for the Flemish forces! In point of fact I scored more points in this one game (86) than I did in 3 games of the last tournament!

Lessons Learnt

  • In ADLG tactically it is not unreasonable to wait on the defensive and let the enemy come to you.
  • The mediocre Pikemen performed well.
  • Must take more pictures!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...