ADLG - Game Report 50

Andalusian Arab (133) vs Medieval Scandinavians (251)

After a pause, for a little browsing around Entoyment, my next game was against Ian. I decided to field my Spanish Arab army against his Scandies.

A very linear formation for me with cavalry on the flanks and infantry in the centre. And fortunately for once, little terrain.

I advanced in good order keeping everyone together, I have also thrown my light cavalry out to the flank. I was not sure how my heavy cavalry was going to perform against his Knights.

Ian paid a lot of respect to my cavalry on the left and withdrew his knights. In the centre the spearmen are doing much better than they have in the past!

The light cavalry on the left are playing with Ian’s Knights, while the light cavalry on the right have reached his camp – a first for me. In the centre the heavy spearmen are continuing to whittle down his infantry line, and my heavy cavalry are poised to add their weight from the left flank.

Ian’s Knights have re-engaged successfully and on the flank of one of my heavy cavalry, but it is all a bit late, as losses in the centre and the loss of the camp have pushed him over the edge.

Outcome

A win for the Andalusian Arabs

Lessons Learnt

  • Don’t expect Heavy Cavalry to win against Knights!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...