ADLG - Game Report 49

German-Tencteri (91) – Anglo-Saxon (151)

A couple of weeks, as if a weekend at Beachhead wasn’t enough, a number of us gathered at Entoyment for ADLG round-robin. It was a great opportunity to field some armies I haven’t played with recently. 

My first game was to gather my barbarian horde together and shake them out into the German Tencteri Tribe to fight Mark’s Anglo Saxons.

I placed the commands in line with the cavalry on the right and advanced in echelon by the right.

Mark responded in kind.

I have managed to get my light cavalry well forward in a hope that I can get around into the rear and attack the Anglo Saxon Camp.

In attacking Mark’s left with my right my medium cavalry have pinned his troops which has allowed the light cavalry to penetrate his line. My swordsmen on the right have fought extremely well and broken his line and inflicted lots of cohesion points. In doing so it provided the opportunity for one of the swordsmen on the right to attack the flank of his shield wall in the centre.

Mark’s left is crumbling under my attack, while in the centre we are starting to roll up the shield wall from the right, despite the cohesion lost in front.

Before my left flank comes into contact I have almost defeated the right and the shield line in the centre is also looking sparse.

Outcome

A win for the Germans, and a great game even if I did win.

Lessons Learnt

  • Perhaps Frederick did know something about warfare with the echelon attack!
  • Another valuable lesson from Mark on how a road can consume a terrain piece in order to reduce the amount of terrain on the board.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...