ADLG - Game Report 68

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Kushan (107)

The final battle of the day, against David’s Kushan’s. More cataphracts to face off against. At least I wasn’t heavily outnumbered.

The line will advance! But not too close to the centre please as we don’t want to wake up David’s unreliable General and stir him into action – a mistake I have made a number of times in the past.

On the right and despite their wounds the German Cavalry engage the enemy light cavalry.

On the left the line advances to contact, but keeping the judicious distance from the enemy centre.

The elephant manages to destroy one cataphract, however the legionaries on the left crumble against the cataphract onslaught.

The cataphract’s breakthrough the line onto be engaged by my light infantry.

The battle is going better than I could hope for on the left, my heavy cavalry managed to outflank and destroy the cataphracts and both the elephant and final legionary unit win their battles. All for a total of 4 units destroyed for 8 points. However, on the right the cataphracts and the now available unreliable general manage to do unto my legionaries on the right as they did to those on the left!

Outcome

A loss by 8 points to 22!

And a mid-table finish for Team “Right Said Fred”, my fellow teammates played excellently to lift us up the leader board.

Lessons Learnt

  • Don’t take Roman Legionaries to a Cataphract fight.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...