ADLG - Game Report 67

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Ghazanid (206)

Day 2 at the BHGS Team Competition at SELWG. Team “Right said Fred” are rather being let down by poor showing thus far. On to the fourth game against Adam.

First order of business for me, as I was attacking, was to redeploy my Army from a poor battle plan.

In doing so I managed to achieve a better balance with the two legionary commands in closer contact while the Elephant command went forward to disrupt and delay the enemy attack. I have managed to extricate the right-hand cavalry units in order to protect the flank of the legionaries.

The enemy left is withdrawing which provides an opportunity for my right to advance. In the centre the Elephant is holding its own, while the left move up in support.

On my right the legionaries are moving up to support the Elephant, the Light Infantry in the brush are able to provide flank fire on the enemy cavalry as it withdraws.

My elephant has been destroyed in combat, and it leaves the Light infantry to face of against the enemy pachyderm, although the Thracians to their left are looking a little unwell. Contact in the centre!

In the centre the legionaries break through, but too late to save the battle.

Outcome

A loss for the Romans 17 to 23, in a game that at one stage could have gone the other way.

Lessons Learnt

  • The poor battle plan was not entirely to blame, and because I was the attacker I didn’t lose too much by redeploying.
  • I should have got the legionaries int eh centre into contact much quicker.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...