ADLG - Game Report 66

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Yuan Chinese (279)

For my third and final outing of the day I was moving my Roman’s much further east. You just have to love Simon’s camp, which is in fact an aquarium ornament repurposed as a great ADLG camp!

I decided that I was not going to be too rash, and therefore tried to form a good strong line. On the left I wanted to keep my elephant as far away from Simon’s as I could possibly do so!

The lines make contact in the centre of the battlefield.

Although after the initial contact one of my legionary units is looking decidedly unwell! And at the right hand end of the line one has already died.

The legionaries do something right and kill both enemy elephants. The line has broken down with both sides manoeuvring to try and take each other in the flank.

My elephant has survived the contact thus far despite its wounds, and is now trying to pursue into the enemy depth. Elsewhere the legionaries have taken some grievous wounds and losses.

Outcome

A mutually assured destruction for my first points of the day!

Lessons Learnt

  • A draw felt as good as a win in a tightly fought battle with a great opponent.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...