ADLG - Game Report 65

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Scythian (76)

Second game of the day was against a large Scythian army, 29 units, led by Ian.

I was confronted with an Army replete with Cataphracts. I was to learn over the two days that Cataphracts were not the most favourable opponents for my legionaries!

The other recurring theme was that mediocre Elephants fare badly against elite elephants! In small order my pachyderm once again dies, but in doing so takes out one of his own Thracian units!

On the left the chaotic fight of the lights continues. Meanwhile the enemy elephant has turned left and is now trying to move down my line and roll it up.

On the right I had some better fortune and managed to have some effect on the enemy horse archers. Even to the point of ignoring them firing at my heavy cavalry from behind.

Outcome

A loss to the Scythian hordes by 15 to 22.

Lessons Learnt

  • Another lesson on how not to design an Army
  • I learnt that Light Cavalry Bows can fire in two ranks.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...