ADLG - Game Report 64

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Timurid (273)

So on to the BHGS team competition at SELWG. Colin aka “Froderick” for the day joined his fellow team members in “Right Said Fred”. As forewarned my first game was a rematch against Paul.

For this Army I chose 8 legionaries. However, I forgot to count how many units Paul was loaning me! For some inexplicable reason I thought there were eight bases of legionaries, there were only seven so Paul loaned me for the day one of his heavy infantry bases that he was not using (the fellows in white at the right of the picture.) I was invited to attack and led off refusing my right.

For once my light cavalry have inflicted a hit, a rare event indeed. Meanwhile my mediocre elephant is trying to force the cavalry into contact.

On my right my German cavalry are trying to get into contact before they are outflanked.

On the left my elephant dies, while the remaining Thracians accompanying it decide to pursue onto the enemy camp, but are caught before then can ransack it. My German Cavalry are being outflanked on the left, while on the right I am having to turn to face the enemy threat.

The moors have engaged the camp, and the Thracians are in danger of being destroyed. The German Cavalry have engaged but are losing the fight.

The cumulative effects of the enemy bow fire are causing the cohesion hits to mount, and the enemy Elephant is about to break through my flank guard.

Outcome

A loss by 12 cohesion hits to 22.

Lessons Learnt

  • I wish I had used the previous army list!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...