ADLG - Game Report 70

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Vedic Indian (35)

On to the next competition and Warfare 2022. I was in the 15mm ADLG competition where the theme was going to be Biblical Armies. I was certainly up for that with my Egyptians. Kevin kindly offered his Vedic Indians as an opponent for me to test my Army.

I decided to move the centre commands chariots to the left as we advanced. Already I was starting to learn the inconvenience of the differing movement rates from mixing troops types along the line.

As we advanced the line became even more fragmented and failed to develop a cohesive force into battle at any point along the line. We rather dribbled into contact!

Once we came into contact despite some small success the infantry took a beating in the centre. This could have been avoided if I had arrived in contact as a coherent line and avoided giving the enemy so many free overlaps. The one saving grace and point of honour was the lone light infantry bowmen that withstood at least 3 rounds of massed bow fire before succumbing to the inevitable fate.

Outcome

A valuable learning exercise as the army went down losing 26 cohesion points to the Indian’s 10!

Lessons Learnt

  • Mixing the troop types failed to give the expected support to each other
  • The impetuous Sherden warriors should have been grouped as one where their impetuosity and movement rates would have been less of a hindrance.
  • Test the army well before you submit the army list to the competition! Fortunately I was able to change my Army based on this salutatory lesson.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...