ADLG - Game Report 80

Thessalian Greeks (60) vs Mycenae Greek (30)

It was time for Beachhead and after all the practicing and tinkering with Army design, it was into battle in the BIC. My first opponent was against Harry’s Mycenae Greeks.

All kudos goes to Harry’s ambush markers for his Greeks – very cool Trojan Horses indeed. Oh, and he wasn’t bringing me any gifts in this game either!!

My initial deployments saw my left flank wing cavalry heavy. While my weaker right wing was confronted with a large number of chariots.

I moved to spring the ambush on my right and to secure the plantation. Meanwhile I decided that the right wing needed to try and block of the chariots between the gully and the plantation. I sent the peltasts forward to contest the field anchoring Harry’s right flank.

We secured the plantation and in doing so forced the committal of two chariots, less for the hoplites on the right to face. However, in the centre I was outnumbered and here was no where to get my cavalry through to try for his camp. Although he had probably burnt his boats already!

Once we mad contact honours were almost even as the hoplites in the centre traded blows with the Mycenae spearman. On the right the hoplites have destroyed one of the chariots but are in grievous danger on both of their flanks. The peltasts are buying time in the plantation and managed to destroy one of the chariots and the loss of a peltast.

Outcome

I was one cohesion point from forcing a mutual destruction only for Harry to get over the line first and claim a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...