ADLG - Game Report 81

Thessalian Greeks (60) vs Spartans (60)

The next game was a little unfortunate as I was playing Kevin’s Spartans. He knew all about my playing style and Army from helping me trial the army! His army had some Thessalian turncoats as allies.

In this deployment I placed the cavalry on the right and one of my goals was to get the Peltasts on the left onto the hill and around the flank.

By advancing in the attack I activated the turncoat Thessalian general. At this stage I wasn’t too concerned about that.

However, I should have perhaps paid more attention to the Kevin’s cavalry moving through the wood as he now was able to overwhelm the Peltasts. In the centre the clash of arms, hoplite against hoplite was about to begin.

Now it is all about the weight of numbers and who flinches first. Already the centre of my line has taken significant damage. Moreover, my right flank of the line looks particularly vulnerable.

Oh calamity, my centre has disappeared under the weight of the Spartan advance. My left flank is trying to roll down the line, but is unlikely to be as successful with the weight of numbers against it. My cavalry has broken through much, much too late to try and take the camp.

Outcome

A win for the Spartans, but I did manage to take 19 cohesion points of them

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...