ADLG - Game Report 87

German-Tencteri (91) vs Syracusan (50)

There was time for one more game, and Tony offered battle with his Syracusan against my final army – A German Army based on the Tencteri tribe. It is often I manage to bring the Ba-Bas to the table, and the vagaries of how an army of impetuous troops will behave in combat always leads to great excitement!

As I was attacking I wanted as much room for manoeuvre as I could with my army of heavy swordsmen, this would allow them to wield their weapons more effectively! I placed my cavalry command with the elite troops on the left flank.

I refused my right flank to allow my left to come into contact first.

Initial contact was with the cavalry who forced the light infantry to evade and then overran them in their pursuit. As the elite troops made contact they punched holes in the enemy line through the furiousness of their impetuous charge. The Syracusan right flank was broken on the first contact!

In the centre the Germans are faring significantly worse than their peers to their left flank. Even on the German right it is not as promising. The question was how soon the breaking of the Syracusan left would impact the centre.

Although the German centre was crushed by the weight of the hoplites, the German right flank has stabilised and is holding its own. The German left flank is now poised to destroy the enemy camp and sweep down the line.

Outcome

A victory for the Germans by 29 cohesion hits on the Syracusan to 14 on the Germans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...