ADLG - Game Report 106

New Kingdom Egyptian(14) vs Assyrian(7)

For my last and final outing for the day I brought out the Egyptians, against Tony’s Assyrians. An opportunity for my new camp to visit the table. A fairly typical deployment, with the chariots on either wing. The army has less impetuous swordsmen than in previous iterations of the army.

My attack plan was to close on the right rapidly and try to exploit the gap in the Assyrian line between his left flank chariots and infantry line.

In response Tony decided that he would rely upon the missile capability of his chariots rather than advancing to meet me on the right. This left the left flank of his line exposed. Although to his credit, and is some what usual, my elite heavy infantry was, once again, bested by their opponents on contact!

Also as is typical in battles of this period the battle didn’t last long as casualties amass very quickly, and in my favour. On my right I have destroyed two chariots and in the centre my elite heavy infantry have come back strongly after their failure at initial contact, combined with the flanking attack by my spears the victory was mine!

Outcome

A win by 10 cohesion hits suffered to 22 inflicted on the Assyrians.

Lessons Learnt

  • When an opportunity arises, seize it.
  • The army design worked well.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...