ADLG - Game Report 111

Andalusian Arab (133) vs Umayyad Arab (136)

The last battle of the day was against Iain’s Arabs, another good period match. And once again this was a revised army from those that I had used previously. Importantly this army list was one I was building in 28mm as a possible alternative to my Saxon’s for Warfare. I deployed the infantry up against the shoreline, with the cavalry in the centre and right flank.

My cavalry moved to avoid the spears in the centre looking for more relevant targets on the flanks.

On the right they found the targets very enticing to the extent that we managed to force a breakthrough. The Umayyad spearmen are being forced out of their comfort zone and trying to find targets to fight.

The Andalusian infantry fought of the enemy light cavalry and are now in pursuit, as well as turning to their right to help support their own cavalry. The Umayyad spears are trying to support their own cavalry but their flanks have now been turned as well as the line being broken.

Outcome

A win for the Andalusian Arabs by 25 losses to the Umayyad’s while only suffering 9 in return.

Lessons Learnt

  • A positive outcome for the revised army list.
  • I have learnt that as vulnerable as Medium cavalry are to bow fire they can be very useful on the battlefield.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...