ADLG - Game Report 110

Ottoman Empire (267) vs Hephthalite Huns (111)

Second battle of the day was against Paul (aka Hobz) Huns. My Ottomans were formed up with the cavalry on either wing, with the Janissaries and heavy mediocre spearmen in the centre.

I was attacking and rapidly closed in on Hobz’s right flank while refusing my own right. The Janissaries were particularly effective and far more so than the mounted bows we were facing. On my left the Deli’s have advanced and charged the head of a cavalry column which now leaves its flanks exposed.

My left flank attack has been very successful and has driven in the Huns, which leaves them with no room for manoeuvre. Meanwhile the Janissaries are continuing to bring large volumes of fire to bear on the Huns with good effect.

The Huns have been either been driven from the table on my left, destroyed by bow fire, or about to be overwhelmed in combat by my heavy cavalry.

Outcome

A win for the Ottoman Empire by inflicting 23 and only receiving 3 hits in return.

Lessons Learnt

  • Although it is just one battle but this army list seems to have been better than their last outing.
  • It is a distinct advantage against mongol/hunnish armies to attack and reduce their freedom of manoeuvre if at all possible.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...