ADLG - Game Report 123

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Triumvirate Roman (83)

The final battle on day one was a civil war! Albeit that the Alisdair brought along an Armenian Ally with cataphracts. In this game I managed to decide correctly to place my main infantry command on the right, anything to avoid my Cavalry going up against his cataphracts.

Fortunately, the Armenian Ally was hesitant to get involved with the battle; perhaps a late breakfast, or still reading the runes. Nevertheless, I decided to continue to refuse the right and concentrate my effort in the centre and left.

Unfortunately, the Armenians did not hesitate for long! Instead they decided to rush to the battlefield as soon as they could do so!

The left made contact and honours were broadly even apart from the damage suffered by one of my cohorts.

The combined efforts of the Thracians and the legionaries have created a gap in the enemy right flank, the issue would be could I exploit it quickly enough and successfully enough to make a difference. Not least because the enemy cataphracts have already destroyed two cohorts on contact.

By this stage I only have two legionary cohorts remaining and to add insult to injury the cohort to the right of the two remaining was destroyed by medium cavalry bow fire!

Outcome

A loss for my Romans by 22 to the 15 we inflicted.

Lessons Learnt

  • Relearnt the need to try and avoid heavy swordsmen being contacted by cataphracts.
  • Perhaps new dice?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...