ADLG - Game Report 124

Triumvirate Roman (83) vs Gauls (89)

Day 2, and we were first into battle against Gordon’s Gauls. A nice historical opponent. I decided on a left flank attack……

…….In which Gordon matched me stride for stride.

My cavalry had started to expose the Gaul’s right flank, if they could of course dispose of the light chariots they were confronting.

The portents were not good, however, with the cavalry coming a decidedly second best against the chariots. In the centre we have broadly survived the first contact against the Gauls’ furious charge.

Only to discover that in the second round of combat where the odds were even we came up second, and a very long way back second placed! The less said about the fate of the cavalry the better.

Once more the ranks of the legionaries have been significantly depleted.

Outcome

A win for Gordon’s Romans by 22 to the 12 I inflicted upon him.

Lessons Learnt

  • Perhaps I need a funeral pyre for these dice, or to gut a few chickens at breakfast to read their entrails.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...