ADLG - Game Report 163

Low Countries (243) vs Catalan Company (262)

Next up more fun with an Almogavar rich environment, against Paul’s redesigned Catalan Company. For probably the third time of asking Paul once again managed to get a hill to anchor his defensive position upon. I decided that this time I was going to be a little more adventurous against the Catalans and take the fight to them. I formed the CinC’s wing on the right in two columns to move as quickly as I could down the right flank, while the Flemish left and centre advanced to fix the Catalans right and centre.

On the right I didn’t advance as far and as fast as I would have liked, I would have been better advised to have the CinC leading the infantry!

However, I managed to mostly achieve separating the Catalans, apart from the irritating Light Cavalry heading of to my right flank.

The Catalans exposed their troops on the hill. And for once we remembered to give our missile troops some bolts and arrows, and managed therefore to get a blow in first. I tried manfully to ignore the Catalan Light Cavalry marauding of on my right somewhere.

The Flemish left and centre are for once more than holding there own against the Catalans. On the right and right of centre we have created a gap which we are starting to exploit. However, those twice damned Light Cavalry have returned to give me another lesson in the art of using Light Cavalry to try and rescue a situation!

The Catalan camp lies open to plunder as the Flemish destroy all before them. Except for the Knights who have are assailed in front by the Catalan Knights and in the rear (up the duff) by the Light Cavalry.

Outcome

A win, yes a win, for the Flemish against the Catalans by inflicting 23 hits and only receiving 12 in return.

Lessons Learnt

  • A favourable result and a better return on the two Knight units with included generals.
  • If you are in column it is probably best to have the General with the infantry rather that the cavalry!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Bolt Action Version 3

    Some Musings on Bolt Action Version 3 Introduction I thought I would go through some of the changes to Version 3 and my thoughts on the an...