ADLG - Game Report 167

Germans – Tencteri (91) vs Huns (110)

From Warfare practice to “Old Codgers” practice – so out came the Germans. In this I resorted to the old and tested Tencteri for a fight against Paul’s evil Huns. The terrain wasn’t too bad for my troops. I had some rough going on the right for the medium warbands, while the heavy warbands were in the centre and left.

Off we went to the attack. I think that most people when fighting the Germans would force the Germans to attack and defend in a terrain of their choice. As it was for Paul’s Huns.

The first objective was to try and maintain a cohesive line to prevent the nasty Hunnish Light Cavalry from penetrating our line and attacking us from behind.

One of the recommended methods of fighting a cavalry based on army, and particularly one with bows was to try and walk forward and drive it from the table. Sometimes a lot easier said than done.

Outcome

Indecisive, and declared a draw; or at least I did!

Lessons Learnt

  • On balance I think I was better with the Batavian Revolt and the additional regular Roman Legionaries.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Bataille Empire - Game Report 16

    Russian 1807 vs French 1807 Robin mentioned that he wanted to see how Bataille Empire played and I therefore, of course, offered the servic...