ADLG - Game Report 19

Andalusian Arabs(133) vs  Bedouin Dynasties(138)

So after my fight with the Rus it was on to the Autumn Invitational.

My first opponent was Dave Saunders, with an interesting choice of terrain; brush covered hills. My army list is below. As you can see, I've gone for two reasonably equal cavalry wings and a heavy infantry main body. This was the army for the entire event.


In this battle I decided place my heavier Cavalry on the left and my lighter cavalry on the right. David deployed an ambush on the brush covered hill to my left. I decided it would be quite useful to spring that ambush as quickly as possible and see if I could seize that hill.

I succeeded in seizing the hill. On the right my light cavalry have made a significant advance to try and disrupt any outflanking movements. Meanwhile the main body continues to advance.

On the left I sprung the ambush, there was no one there. This placed my javelinmen in a good position to throw javelins at his cavalry. This intervention in his line caused Dave a great deal of angst. In the centre my main body of heavy infantry are moving forward together and trying to protect their flanks at the same time. On the right the light cavalry have evaded.

On my left my cavalry didn't perform up to expectations. On the right flank I've lost a heavy cavalryman and the light cavalry decided to stand and accept the attack; perhaps not my best move.

Outcome

A relatively close defeat for the Arabs. I also scored 20 1’s in my battle; hey good start for the prize for the most ones rolled in the day.

Lessons Learnt

  • A little less aggression, a little more caution on the right flank might have done me good service.
  • The ploy of springing the ambush and disrupting Dave’s line was a good result








No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...