ADLG - Game Report 20

Andalusian Arabs(133) vs  Tuareg(210)

My next opponent was Ted Tolson's Tuareg army. I was confronted with lots and lots of camels. I knew camels had an impact on horse in combat, but knowing and experiencing it are two different things.

All the terrain on the battlefield was concentrated on the right flank, with sand dunes and brush covered hills. I rather assumed that would be a relatively safe flank, I was to be firmly disabused of that notion as the game went on!

Our command and control was pretty good, and we closed the distance to engage rapidly. I think Ted's plan was to put me out my misery quickly. 

On the right you can see my first problem which was the brush proved no obstacle whatsoever to the light camelry.

Once we started to fight the melees I discovered how smelly camels can panic horses. Ted had some significant success in breaking through my cavalry lines, destroying several cavalry units and successfully lapping around to take others in the flank. Meanwhile his light cavalry seized the camp coma with another four point loss to me.

Outcome

A defeat for insert for the Arabs. well I picked up another 19’s to take me to total of 39 so far for the day.

Lessons Learnt

  • Pay attention to the terrain benefits some troop types have
  • this is one of those battles in which a reserve may have helped
  • Camels are a difficult opponent for cavalry


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...