ADLG - Game Report 23

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Assyrian Empire and Sargonid (9)

London Grand Tournament Game 1

I was fortunate to be invited to be part of a three-man team at the London Grand Tournament by Darrell and Harrison Pearce. They kindly allowed me to field my New Kingdom Egyptians ask the biblical component of our team. Our team was named “Without a clue”, I was not sure how apt that name would be until the end of the competition. More of that later.

My army composition is as below. As you can see, I've groups all the Chariots together in one command. My aim was to use this as a force to try and breakthrough with or to work around my opponent’s flanks: of course terrain permitting. Also, my impetuous Sherden warriors were all together in another command.


My first opponent of the day was Max from Team SELWG Champs and Chumps, and his fine force of Assyrians.

My plan, such as it was, was to try and get my centre with all the two handed cutting weapons into contact as soon as possible. On the flanks I would try and delay and cause as much problems for him to prevent him coming round on my flanks. The one question Max, and other opponents, asked me was whether my Light Chariots were armoured? well they weren't, but perhaps it would have been better if they had been.

On the left I have mixed fortunes with the Sherden warriors, losing two combats of winning one.

 On the right despite losing some Chariots I have done quite well.

 In the centre I've had a number of victories against the Assyrians.

 Outcome

A win for the Egyptians 17 to 22.

Lessons learnt

  • Getting in quick with my centre certainly helped
  • I might have been better advised to make the commands more similar: this lesson will be reinforced in subsequent battles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...