ADLG - Game Report 24

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Oman and Gulf States (19)

London Grand Tournament Game 2

My second opponent of the day was Julian from Team Le seul moyen est l'Essex. His army had 31 units compared to my 26. if I was to have any luck in reaching 31 cohesion points I need you to get in fast and kill lots of units: that really dictated my plan. My intelligence reports indicated that Julian liked to try and get round peoples flanks as quickly as possible. Given the size of his force I was not surprised that this would be his tactic.

Here come the enemy answer my left flank. Julian’s clear intention was to sweep round and roll up my left flank. 

On the right, I tried to get my Chariots into contact and if possible overrun his camp.

My Chariots failed to breakthrough, but my left held its own sufficiently to allow the centre to cause as many casualties as possible. 

Outcome

A loss to the Egyptians 26 cohesion points to 20. After this battle everyone was impressed that I managed to get 20 cohesion points on Julian.

Lessons learnt

  • The mistake of not armouring the Chariots is starting to come home.
  • As is the composition of my three corps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...