ADLG - Game Report 25

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Vedic Indian (35)

London Grand Tournament Game 3

My third opponent on the Saturday, was Steve from Team Warlords. 

My plan, was to attack either side of the marsh, and try and secure local superiority and destroy each flank piecemeal. A grand plan when you write it down, but the execution was appallingly bad.

As I was attacking I managed to close the distance very rapidly with some good command dice rolls. It also helped that my medium troops were on the left flank for negotiating the fields.

On the right his Chariots were in the plantation, and we ended up having a lengthy duel of bows.

I managed to breakthrough to the left of the marsh. This would have been quite beneficial, and I might have won, if only my impetuous Sherden warriors were able to have some success.

On the right, I managed to introduce a bowman unit to help engage his Chariots, with some success. In the centre I rather coyly failed to attack uphill against his elephants. I think I was concerned about the benefits he would have uphill. In the end I rashly charged my Chariots into the plantation to engage his Chariots: it did not end well.

Outcome

A win to the Vedic Indians 17 to 26 in a very good natured and friendly game.

Lessons learnt

  • The armoured light Chariots, and army composition, lesson has been learnt again.
  • I was a little coy in attacking the troops on the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...