ADLG - Game Report 26

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Neo Babylonians (8)

London Grand Tournament Game 4

My first opponent on the Sunday was Graham from Team Keith Martin Smith.

This is a game I would like to draw a veil over. I think my brain was in meltdown first thing on Sunday morning. That can be the only thing they explain such a cockeyed deployment. 

The piece of terrain with the dice on is impassable ground, which I chose and placed that way around. Graham chose the desert in front of my heavy troops and that's where I decided to field the troops who had most difficulty in moving through it.

.This was not going to end well.

My only hope was that my force on my left flank might succeed in small measure before my other troops managed to pass through the difficult ground

What little hope I had, vanished as my troops were taken apart by Graham.

Outcome

A crushing defeat for the Egyptians losing 28 cohesion points to a miserly 2 on Graham

Lessons learnt

  • The benefits of a secure flank to protect one’s camp, does not outweigh the need for open ground to enable your heavy troops to deploy and fight.
  • Not my greatest hour!






No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...