ADLG - Game Report 27

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Assyrians (7)

London Grand Tournament Game 5

My final game of the tournament was against Dave from Team Taifa

I was defending in this game and I had a secure right flank courtesy of the coastline Dave deployed. I was trying to use the impetuous Sherden warriors as shock troops on the right.

However, once the deployment was complete, I felt I had to move the centre to the right. To do so I committed the Sherden to attack in order to cause disruption and attrition, while I reorientated the main line of battle. 

Unfortunately, the gods of Egypt we're not in favour of the impetuous troops and they didn't do well on the combat. However, I have managed to re orientate the line.

On the left my Chariots at last have some open ground in which to manoeuvre. If they had had a commander who was capable of using them to their best effect! In the end they moved to bow range and tried to engage the enemy Chariots which unfortunately were armoured. Once the right came into contact with Dave’s left they did not stand as long as I hoped they would.

Outcome

A win for the Assyrians 8 cohesion points to my 29 points lost

Our Team perspective we cam 10th out of 12: Darrel and I were rescued by Harrison. 

Lessons learnt

  • This was the one game where I really learnt from Dave the advantages of armouring my Chariots.
  • I think I need a radical rethink of the army I used.
  • Understand your own troops. On returning home and checking my army list, I discovered I have paid for a fortified camp. If only I knew that during the games I might not have tried to keep protecting my camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...