ADLG - Game Report 33

Feudal French(182) vs Samurai (221)

On to Game 2 against Adrian's Samurai. To be candid I had mental scars from the 1980s of fighting Samurai under WRG 6th Edn, so my expectations weren't high for a positive outcome!

Well at least I couldn't complain about the terrain in this game!

I went for a classical deployment of cavalry left (with the CinC) and right with the infantry in the centre. 

At this stage it wasn't looking too bad for me. 

The yellow object to the right is Adrian's rather natty dice tower. I wonder if I used one it would prevent me rolling 1s?

On the left my knights have charged into contact, what else are feudal knights good for! While on the right they have also come into contact. Meanwhile the Infantry are moving forward. Poor command and control has meant I had to leave some units lagging behind.

Although my right has managed to do well, my left is in all sorts of bother. It is down to 50% strength and 2 of the remaining knights aren't doing too well. Suffice to say the gods of the dice were not smiling on me. All of which led to my demise.

Outcome

A victory for Adrian 21 to 7

Lessons Learnt

  • Despite the relative scores it wasn't a bad plan, if it wasn't for my poor combat rolls.
  • perhaps the Samurai under ADLG are not the fearsome opponent they were under WRG 6th.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADLG - Game Report 138

Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...