ADLG - Game Report 41

Greco Bactrian (46) vs Indian (79)

My third and final outing of the day. This was against Phil Mackie’s Indian army. After finishing discussing old friends and games of yore we set off at a pace. I should apologise for not taking more photos because this was quite a fun game.

As you can see, I've got my cavalry on the wrong flank and I'm now moving them from the right to the left. In the centre my Pikes are moving into contact and hopefully they will have more luck than in the previous games. On the right flank I am trying to see if my elephant can do some damage in the field.

Actually, my cavalry did quite well once they came into contact and I managed to destroy a number of Phil's units. However, as you can see in the centre my pike's are starting to lose cohesion rapidly. While on the right I have been out flanked, and my elephant, although it's fighting hard, its supports are being slowly whittled down.

Outcome

Although I managed to inflict 10 cohesion points in this game on Phil I still came away loser in the end.

Lessons Learnt

  • Another valuable lesson for why one might need two elephants rather than one
  • Overall I do need to think again about army composition for these Bactrian Greeks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...