ADLG - Game Report 54

Low Countries (243) vs Free Company (241)

Too the second battle, against another Free Company Commanded by Steve; for our third battle against each other.

The Flemish left wing.

The ground dictated that my Knights were in the centre. But this time I deployed an ambush forward as I was defending.

With a constricted centre the CinC has taken the Knights off on a left flanking movement. The Ambush was sprung and has had some success.

The Knights are trying their best to come into contact by pursuing the retreating horse. The crossbows in ambush despite inflicting significant losses were defeated in the contact battle. While on the right my handgunners are outflanking the line.

The longbow swordsmen on my right were in a good position and attacked the enemy in the woods with flanking support from the handgunners, but they were destroyed in the combat. My centre is about to come into contact with the enemy Knights. While my own Knights are still trying their best, despite the bow fire from the flank, to bring the enemy cavalry to battle.

Outcome

The losses on my flanks and the subsequent losses in the centre pushed me rapidly into defeat with me losing 20 to Steve’s 7. We both agreed that Steve was extremely lucky to win both the flank battles; he was concerned that his right flank could have been seriously compromised by my longbow swordsmen.

Lessons Learnt

  • As if I didn’t know it, Knights can’t move quickly enough to outflank anyone!
  • I seriously needed a plan B if the ambush and the right flank attack failed.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...