ADLG - Game Report 55

Low Countries (243) vs Hundred Year’s War English (236)

Hopefully a chance to redeem myself in the last battle of the day at the Southern League against Andy.

I chose my coastline; not least because it was new and I wanted to use it! The rough ground on the left rather prevented a Knight’s led left flanking attack so I deployed them on the coastline but able to move left behind the Pikes if necessary.

At the start of the game my bow fire was deadly, and I caused serious discomfort to the English. For their part their fire was less effective and their longbows deployed the stakes in defence of my Knights.

Finally, the English were able to find the arrows and the range and started to cause me a significant amount of pain. The English Knights and cavalry deployed from their Ambush and reinforced the centre and broke through. The highlight for me were my light infantry handgunners who destroyed a foot knight unit by fire!

In the end the effect of English fire and weak combat rolls pushed my Army into rout.

Outcome

A loss to the English 14 to 23. I failed to redeem myself.

Lessons Learnt

  • Andy’s deep ambush was a neat way to hide his reserves!
  • When sliding one doesn’t need to move forward 1UD if one can contact or charge an enemy.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...