ADLG - Game Report 56

Feudal French(182) vs Medieval Scandinavians(251)

I was given a voucher from Entoyment as a Christmas present that was burning a hole in my pocket, so I decided to see who was free for a game at the shop. Ian kindly took me up on my offer for an afternoon’s gaming. He brought along his Scandies to battle – my medium knights against his heavy double handed chopping infantry and heavy knights.

Ian invited me to attack. I seized on the opportunity to place my main force in the centre with six medium elite impetuous knights, flanked on their left with other knights and the heavy cavalry, while the infantry defended the right flank and the camp. On the first game turn I took a bee line for his left flank!

Ian seized the opportunity to try and crush my small force on my left, while I tried to do the same to his. The gully I deployed constrained the ability of his heavy foot to try and outflank my knights.

My elite knights moved into contact, and thanks to their brilliant CinC they were able to break of individual units for independent action. On the left I was trying to buy for time for the battle to be won elsewhere!

The Swede’s attempt to work their way around my right flank was thwarted by my knights. While others started to drive them of the battlefield. On the left I my knights and heavy cavalry are holding their own.

Now was the time to bring the infantry forward for the coup de grace. The Swede’s left flank is crumbling and I needed the infantry to finish their left and centre left.

On my right the Knights are driving the Swede’s off the table and infantry are moving forward to contact. On the left my heavy cavalry are poised on the hill to take action, but lack the command points to do so.

The enemy camp is in sight, and we are rolling back the enemies right. Fortunately, the Swede’s lost cohesion before their knights were able to roll up my infantry from the flank.

Outcome

A first win for the Feudal French by 25 losses to the Swedes to my 14 cohesion points.

Lessons Learnt

  • Giving the impetuous knights a Brilliant general was a good idea!
  • Perhaps the army should sacrifice a light infantry element for a better general for the left wing?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...