ADLG - Game Report 72

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Ancient Hebrew (23)

On to Warfare 2022 at Farnborough; what a great venue. Albeit that us 15mm ADLG players could have all done with side tables for all of our paraphernalia! Some of us improvised by laying down coastlines for that additional 4UD of space.

So for my first game with Nick I decided that I needed to try and work the his right flank. I left a rather weaker force on my right to hold the coastline.

Consequently, I refused my right and started my left in motion. I was a little concerned by the Hebrew’s chariots and my ability to hold long enough in the centre to survive before my left could sweep round his rear. What a grand plan!

However, once my left came into contact, and despite some successful impetuous charges, I am fearful of losing the left flank contact battle.

I should not have been so fearful, and more concerned for my centre! A successful flank charge has removed the threat to my left. However, the losses in the centre and the thoroughly demoralising performance of my right flank have done for me!

Outcome

A win for the Hebrews by 27 to 22 cohesion points; I was 2 off securing a creditable MAD result.

Lessons Learnt

  • Swordsmen don’t fare well against chariots!
  • Medium troops of the biblical period are fragile, it is win or die!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...