ADLG - Game Report 74

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Assyrian and Sargonid Empire (9)

Third game of the day, and on to fight Paul’s Assyrians. A very different deployment for me with my Chariots in the centre. My weaker command was sent out to the right flank to contest the field. Would I fare any better?

Contact, wait out! Rather than evade his medium horse armed with bows, Paul brought them into contact. Initially this was relatively even, but once again for the third game on a trot my Elite Heavy Infantry, the Guardsmen, are conspicuous in their failure to win engagements!

Next turn Paul’s right joins the fray, and has blown through my lines and the rest of this command and the infantry have seriously weakened my left. However, my right is looking better the Heavy Infantry finally destroyed something! Am I being too picky with their performance?

We are clearly at the point of breaking each other’s lines. I have thrown in the Bowmen to cause delay, while in the centre one Medium Cavalryman is defying the odds set against him.

Even flanked Medium Cavalryman continued to defy the odds. However I no longer have a left flank, equally neither does Paul, the question is who will break first?

Outcome

My first win of the tournament 23 to 26, I was one off suffering a MAD. However we hung on for the win.

Lessons Learnt

  • These biblical battles are brutal, but great fun.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...