ADLG - Game Report 75

New Kingdom Egyptians (14) vs Philistines (25)

So onto day 2, and first up to feel the wrath of Ramesses were the Philistines commanded by Paul. This would be interesting as we fought last year and he won a very tight game with his Teutonic Knights vs my Feudal french. Who would prevail this time?

I decided to send the chariots of an outflanking manouvere to outnumber his chariots while my main line of infantry tried there very best to hold the Philistines.

We managed to break through on the left of the centre with the Sherden warriors while the Chariots battle it out on the left flank.

I have managed to break through although in doing so I have lost 2 chariots. The Sherden have outflanked the Philistine line.

Meanwhile in my centre and right I am doing much less well. My best troops are again being out-performed by the enemy. As for the right I have already lost a warrior unit and I am about to throw in the Bows for good measure to hold the line.

My right flank has all but crumbled under Philistine pressure. Both elite Heavy Swordsmen have been destroyed! However the left flank attack is starting to roll up the line, or it would have done so even quicker with better command.

Outcome

A victory for the Egyptians, but barely, a win 22 to 23; once again I was one away from being destroyed myself!

Lessons Learnt

  • The impetuous Sherden Warriors were particularly effective in the centre in this game
  • Going for a parity fight on the left flank against the Philistive Chariots might have free up more to outflank the line.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ADLG - Game Report 138

    Seleucid(42) vs Aramean(74) I had time for one quick game, and I now hat Tony is a quick player! So onto battle with a relatively historica...